Tax Identification Number Registration – EIN

Elliott Stapleton Government Compliance

Every business with more than one owner or employees must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN). This number is used when opening bank accounts and for identifying the business on any tax filing.

It is essentially a social security number for the business. Even if you are a single-member company with no employees, it is best to use an EIN in order to limit the number of people who have access to your social security number.

The Internal Revenue Service provides, with abundant detail, information on the tax implications of a new business. When navigating this information, it is best to work with an certified public accountant and an attorney to ensure you are aware of all the implications.

We provide services for both new and existing business owners to ensure your company is legally sound. Click here to get started and find out the fixed pricing.

Share this Post

About the Author

Elliott Stapleton

Elliott is a partner in the firm of Cornetet, Meyer, Rush and Stapleton serving clients throughout Ohio. Elliott's business clients range from small single member companies to large privately-held businesses. CMRS Law provides legal services which include advice on Business Formation and Transactions, Real Estate Transactions, Trademark Law, Copyright Law, Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate Administration, and Succession Planning. CMRS Law serves clients at two locations: 123 Boggs Lane, 1st Floor, Cincinnati, Ohio 45246 and 2101 Grandin Road, Suite A, Cincinnati, OH 45208